Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM will be held on March 2, 2019. If you have a write-up, please send in asap. Than You.
A Christmas Card from John The Baptist
If you would like a copy of Amy's sermon about John The Baptist see here
An updated edition of the Parish List is now available in Mitchell Hall.
Refresh! Thank you to everybody who so generously supported our 60th Anniversary project of refreshing the front of our building! We have received almost the whole $4,000. The new sign has now been installed.
Bible study with Jan on Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m.
- The deadline for submissions for the Spring 2019 Scroll is February 28, 2019.
- The December 2018 Scroll is available: check your mailboxes. Download the pdf version: December 2018 Scroll.
- Back issues of The Scroll are available on the Documents page.
Unfinished Projects (Previously Prayer Shawl)
For several years we have met on the 3rd Friday of the month to knit prayer shawls. We now have lots of shawls and so we are changing our name and emphasis. We will now be called "UNFINISHED". As Amy said at our last meeting, we are all unfinished projects. God has not finished with us, he is still shaping us.
Our first meeting will be September 21st, and we will meet once a month during the year. This group is for everyone in the parish, not just women, so please feel free to attend. Watch your activity calendar for meeting dates. We will meet from 1:30 p.m. to approximately 3:00 p.m., and would love to have people come and join us. Most of us have projects we have started and just need to have an opportunity to get together to work with others and we might get our projects finished. If you have a prayer shawl that is not finished , just bring it along too. We do have lots of shawls, but we certainly will accept the ones that come our way.
This is a going to be a purely social group. For years we have had people come from both the 8:30 a.m. and the 10:30 a.m. services, and we have just enjoyed the social aspect of the group. It is wonderful to have an interaction between people who attend each of the services. It is a laid back social contact within the parish, just a time to enjoy each others company.
If you would like more information please feel free to contact Betty Mitchell.
Fall Outreach Request
Our parish is collecting back packs, suitcases, plus ladies' purses. The purses will be given to SWITCH (Student Wellness Initiative Toward Community Health). Please save these items and bring them to church when we have our fall campaign. If you have any questions, contact Donna Neufeld
- Donations of Winter clothing are still being accepted. Please leave them on the coat racks by the elevator. For more information contact Donna Neufeld.
- There is a box at the back of the church to receive your donations of toiletries, cosmetics, hair products, dental supplies, lotion, shampoo and conditioner, mitts, scarves, jewellery, etc.
- We need medium size baskets suitable to fill with cosmetics, necessities, and luxuries for the shelters. Garage Sales are a good place to look for them. Baskets will be distributed around Mother's Day.They may be dropped off at the Church anytime though the year.
- In January 2018, St. Stephens prepared and delivered 87 gift baskets for various shelters. Thank you to all who helped and especially to Donna Neufeld. See here for more information.
- For Mothers' Day the Church will again be preparing gift baskets for various shelters. Items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, combs, hair brushes, mitts, scarves, etc. may be donated. If you are interested in helping with the baskets, or if you have any questions, contact Donna Neufeld, Nancy Wilson or Phyllis Bakke.
- The Food Bank: See the barrel at the back of the Sanctuary. Please note that, at present, empty containers are not needed.
- Volunteers needed to bake for funerals. Contact Noella or see the the sign-up sheet in Mitchell Hall.
- Volunteers needed for Lay assistants, Chalice bearers, and for prayer teams: contact the office.
- Volunteers needed for Community Life, see Noella or Susan
- Volunteers needed for Church School and the nursery: contact Julie
- Volunteers needed for greeters: contact Nancy
- Volunteers needed for counters: contact Susan
- Volunteers needed for coffee time after 10:30 a.m. service: see Community Life Bulletin Board
Offerings by Direct Debit
You able able to contribute to St. Stephen's ministry by direct debit. Download
the authorization form, complete it, and return it to Ted Marcus. Alternatively, paper copies of the form are available from the office or Ted. If you have any questions. please talk to Ted.
There are two visitation teams, which visit care homes and/or parish members. If you would like to be a part of this ministry, see the sign up sheets in Mitchell Hall. Contact Jean K or Donna for more information.
Each week we list the names of those for whom Sunday prayers have been asked. The names will remain on the list for four weeks and then be removed. A request may be made to have a name placed on the list for four more weeks. To request prayers, contact the office