St. Stephen's began as a daughter parish of St. James', Saskatoon. The new congregation held divine services in Holliston School from June 1958 – August 1963. The first minister was the Rev. David Tatchell. Three years later the Rev. Dave Ferguson became priest and plans were made for a new church building.
Construction of what became known as the St. Stephen's House Church, under building chairman W. R. Tekano, was completed and dedicated by the Rt. Rev. S. C. Steer, Bishop of Saskatoon, on September 4, 1963. The mortgage of the House Church was burned January 21, 1973.
An addition consisting of the Mitchell Fellowship Hall, offices, Prest Hall, and the reconstruction of the church was overseen by Les Hall. The addition was dedicated on December 18, 1983, by the Rt. Rev. R. A. Wood.
Another small addition was made at the entrance and an elevator was installed in 2000. These were dedicated September 3, 2000 by the Rt. Rev. Thomas Morgan.
Extensive improvements were made in 2003 to the kitchen, Prest Hall, and the upper hall (now called Mitchell Fellowship Hall).
In 2016, two furnaces were replaced, the roof was re-shingled, and the access ramp on the west side of the building was replaced.
St. Stephen's Parish Crest
Our crest was designed by the Venerable Larry Mitchell (Rector Emeritus) to portray the nature of the Christian life.
In the middle of the crest stands the cross, reminding us of the centrality of Christ in our lives.
The dove in the top left hand corner tells us that we are a Spirit-filled and directed people.
The coat and the stones in the lower right hand corner represent St. Stephen, our patron saint. They remind us of his martyrdom, and that the Christian life is one of sacrifice.
The wavy band bearing the name of the Saint across the centre of the crest represents the river of life flowing from the throne of God, mentioned in Ezekiel 47 and in Revelation 22.
The river waters, the tree of life, and the leaves from that tree are used to heal. It is through the Church, the Body of Christ, that God's healing power touches our lives.
We believe that God has called us to be a healing presence and an instrument of His healing grace in the community in which He has placed us.
| The Rev. David Tatchell: ||Supervising Priest 1958 – 1961
|The Rev. David E Ferguson: ||June 1, 1961 – September 30,
|The Rev. John P. Prest: ||May 1, 1968 – June 29,
|The Ven. L. W. Mitchell: ||January 7, 1976 – January 9,
|The Rev. Don Byrt: ||July 1, 2005 – December 31, 2010
|The Rev. Jan Bigland-Pritchard: ||September 1, 2011 – August 31, 2017
|The Rev. Amy Bunce: ||January 1, 2018 –
|The Rev. Donald Brown: ||July 1982 – September 30, 1985
|The Rev. John P. Middleton: ||May 1, 1986 – July 1999
|The Rev. Amy Bunce: ||June 1, 2008 – April 30, 2014
| The Rev. David Tyler: ||January 1, 2011 – August 31, 2011
|The Rev. Alex Parsons: ||September 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017
|The Rev. Jim Wagner: ||September 1979 – 2001|
|The Ven. Horace Brandrick: ||June 1986 – 1996
|The Rev. John P. Middleton: ||July 1999 – February 2007
|The Rev. Canon John C. Davies: ||September 1988 –
|The Rev. Canon Lewis Gill: ||January 1992 – January 2016
|The Ven. Larry Mitchell (Rector Emeritus): ||January 2005 –
|The Rev Wayne Sturgess: ||April 2015 –